Friday, August 27, 2010

Fields Friday #3


So it has indeed been a very busy week for me if you weren't able to tell from the obvious lack of blog posts. But now I'm sitting down to take a breather from a very hectic week one.

First off, I would like to say that Arkansas State is soooooo fun. Even though it's only the first week of school I find that I have definitely gotten to the point that I look forward to my Monday, Wednesday, Friday classes the most. Dr. Parker and Dr. Saunders are definitely a couple of my favorite professors.... then again, I only have four of them. Homework this week added up to doing online assignments on Blackboard, printing out syllabi, and reading the whole story of Oedipus the King.

The social life here is amazing! There are a ton of different cultures both from number of international students and even students that have just come from other states. This week, a lot of the religious organizations had their welcome week activities and "icebreakers". Tuesday night, I believe it was, the school held a Freshman Luau beach party deal that offered tropical flavor and up-beat tunes. Unfortunately, everyone just stood around awkwardly looking at each other drinking water. On Wednesday, There was a community fair. At the community fair there were many different vendors and representatives from clubs and groups around campus. Good news is I now know how I can get a job at the AState museum. Hooray, work-study!

I've made a few new friends as well as rekindled relationships with old friends. I can honestly say the cafeteria is definitely a great way to do this. :) Speaking of the "Caf", the food there is fantastic, even if I only ever get pasta or a cheeseburger and later finish it with an ice cream cone. I'm telling you, I've had like 5 or so ice cream cones since I've been here. Comfort food... I'd say so.

On a FANTASTIC note, I am getting $1,617 back from ASU now that my education has been paid for with all that financial aid and scholarship-y goodness.

Oh well.... tomorrow shall end my first week in Jonesboro and I can't wait to see what the rest of the semester will hold. I hope to report back to you guys Sunday. Oh, perhaps I should take the time to tell you all my "on-the-fly" decision I just made. There will no longer be a Saturday post. I figure this'll give me a day to relax and it'll be all good for Sunday and the rest of the week,

Much love and I wish you all the very best of luck in your new future endeavors,
Olivia <3

2 comments: