Monday, June 14, 2010

You'll eat what I put in front of you and I really hope you'll like it. :/



At the ripe old age of just 18 and not even married I have the responsibilities of a housewife. Since I don't have a job out of the house, I have to hold a job in the house. Being Mommy to everyone. This is normally the weekend routine since my step-mom works Saturday and Sunday and isn't home. Last week, however, my father told me that since I don't have a job he expects to see the house straightened up, well, at least the kitchen. So lately, I have lived a good bit of my life in the KITCHEN, cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, and cleaning.. OH! and did I mention cooking. :P

I don't mind it, I love cooking, have a passion for it in fact. I love discovering new tastes and experimenting with new recipes... on the weekends.

So, my dear father tells me today that because I have been doing so well at keeping the kitchen clean, I am being granted a NEW responsibility... like it's a reward. I now get to cook dinner during the week. Normally I would take this in stride and relish the fact that I was being able to cook dinner for the family. Unfortunately, my step-mom has a different take on what she shoves down her gullet. There are so many different things you have to do to the meat before you can cook it.. like trim all the fat off and cook it till it powderizes in your mouth its so dry. And if she doesn't like it, her worthless son will follow behind her and say,"It tastes funny", because he can't grow a pair and decide what kind of food he likes. But that's just me starting to rant a little bit.

On to the cleaning. I have consistently ran the dishwasher and washed dishes the past three days. If that doesn't help the environment, I don't know what will and I have grown to learn that it doesn't take that much effort to put dirty dishes IN THE DISHWASHER instead of just setting them in the sink for me to take care of. Naturally, I did that, following everyone's example because they're to tired to open the door, bend over, pull a rack out, place their soiled flatware and such in, push the rack back in, and close the door. But, now that I find myself keeping the crap clean I'm loading as often as I can to avoid more work that I REALLY WANT TO PROCRASTINATE on and not do.

I really felt like a grown-up this morning when I woke up and took the dogs out, cleaned the kitchen, made myself lunch and a nice cup of tea. Then relaxed and listened to music until my dad called me.

uggggghhhhh... I'm just dreading to see what the house will look like when I get back from being in Alabama for a short time over the summer... and then after going to college.. yeesh. I can honestly say, IT WAS BAAAAAAAAD the last time I went away and came back.

Ah well, I guess someon-... erm, I have to do it.

Love Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment